Annually, March 8-14
Changing the World
Catholic Sisters Week shines a light on the spirituality, mission, and community building of women religious.
There is a role for everyone in Catholic Sisters Week: individuals, groups and organizations, families, parishes, schools and universities. Let the ideas below ignite your creativity—whether you’re able to plan and publicize a large-scale on-site event in your area, support a congregation’s work with a collection, create a virtual event on your community’s website or simply give a shout-out on social media in support of the life and mission of Catholic sisters, your participation is vital.
Fifty-two weeks a year women religious stand with the poor and immigrants, teach children, fight injustice, heal the sick, share spirituality, empower women, defend the planet, promote peace, create community, offer hope …
But for one week, March 8-14, we shine the spotlight on women religious and encourage a wide range of campaigns and events that invite all who follow Jesus to
- expand and support their gospel witness
- grow the service networks they have seeded
- share their spirituality, charisms, and community
- encourage young women to consider a vocation to religious life
- support their pastoral, teaching and prophetic works
- and focus on the new world they call into being.
For more information, click here.